The cannabis industry is evolving, but one thing is for sure – it is growing.
What to expect and look out for:
- Cannabis sales are expected to be over $20 billion by 2022, up from $10 billion in 2018.
- There will be over 500,000 jobs in the cannabis industry by 2022. There are currently 150,000 jobs in the industry, from growers and seller to those who deal with the legalization of marijuana.
- Big cannabis-related businesses are starting to buy small ones in order to maximize efficiency and profits.
- Investment in the industry is also predicted to rise. Even non-cannabis related companies will consider investing in legal cannabis through marketing and distribution deals.
- There will be a lot of research to study the effects and benefits of cannabis.
- The cannabis industry will develop a wide array of products – from edibles and cbd-infused drinks to skin creams.
- More Countries worldwide will reconsider legalizing cannabis use.
- Cannabis for medicinal use will increase, especially among seniors, as more research is conducted.